SugarCRM for Customer Support Automation
Acquiring new customers is much more expensive than selling to existing ones. With Sugar customer support, companies have the confidence that customer cases will be handled quickly and effectively. Sugar customer support centralizes customer service requests across channels to allow companies to manage inbound emails, diagnose bugs, share knowledge, and resolve customer issues. In addition, companies can defray customer support costs with the Customer Self-Service Portal.
- Centrally manage and share all customer service issues.
- Understand frequency of incidents to improve product quality.
- Share information across individuals and teams.
- Measure the responsiveness of customer support.
SugarCRM as Customer Support CRM
SugarCRM is a complete CRM that contains customer support automation modules that help you streamline customer support activities among the support team. Some of the Modules / Features include
1. Case Management (also called Ticket Management or Service Requests Management)
2. Knowledge Base
3. Bugs Tracking and Management
4. Inbound Email Management
5. Activities Management – Calls , Meetings, Emails and Notes
6. Contract Management
7. Workflows / Business Process Management (Available in Enterprise Edition)
8. Customer Self Service Portal (Available in Enterprise Edition)
9. Reports and Dashboards
10. Default Twitter Integration
11. Integration Capabilities
Sugar Case Management centralizes the service history of each customer, allowing for a detailed view of customer requests and responses. Case management metrics allow managers to monitor how cases are handled and to escalate issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Gain a complete view of customer service request history.
- Escalate unresolved issues before they become large problems.
- Monitor the effectiveness of case responses.
Cases are captured from the moment they are created and monitored though the life cycle of the Case like New, Assigned, In Progress, Closed, Re Opened etc. These stages are configurable based on the company.
SugarCRM Inbound Email processing allows support organizations to better manage customer support requests through information sharing and routing. With Inbound Email Processing, users can create rules for in-bound e-mails and automatically assign cases to the right customer support representative.
The inbound Email configuration allows you to create a new case automatically when a new email is received at your support email email@example.com . Additionally Sugar comes with twitter feed whereby if someone comments about his support issue on company twitter handle the same thing can be converted into a Case for processing.
Once a case / ticket is created, it starts calculating the SLAs and workflows can be created for allocating them to corresponding persons.
- Shared group inbox manages and assigns cases based on workflow rules.
- Automatically attaches to customer account record for better understanding of customer issues.
- Issues can be prioritised and assigned.
Case Auto Allocation Logic
Once cases are created automatically from a Sugar captured inbound email, they will be configured to allocate on a round robin basis or least busy user basis. The allocation logic can be configured to be manually if an assistant needs to validate the Case and assign. All the Cases created by multiple channels are configured to be allocated.
Case Priorities, Escalations and Resolutions
Cases can be prioritised like High Priority , Medium Priority and Low Priority or as per the company definitions and then put separate TAT (Turn Around Time) and corresponding escalations are triggered. And sometimes Case types can be defined to route cases to different agents or teams so that competent agents facilitate faster resolution.
Email and Activity History Tracking for Cases
Whenever an email is converted into a Case, system acknowledges the customer with a Case ID that is embedded in the Email Subject. And from next time onwards as and when customer responds to this Email, the responses are automatically tagged with the Case thus helping all the new team members with 360 degree view of the case.
Reports and Dashboards
SugarCRM comes with pre-configured case reports and dashboards that help teams visualise the summary of their support team. The report engine helps in either copying the existing reports and create a new company specific report or an entirely new reports on cases can be created without too much of sugar developer involvement.
All the reports are available as dashlets to be viewed on home page dashboards or intelligent pane dashboards. For customer support managers and heads all these case functionality along with dashboards is available on SugarCRM mobile application. Sugar mobile is available both on apple platform and android platform.
The Sugar Knowledge base helps customer support and engineering teams to better manage and share structured and unstructured information. Knowledge base allows user to create frequently asked questions (FAQs), manage files, and search and rate content – all in an easy-to-use interface.
Knowledge Base modules helps companies to build assets that can be used for self service by the customer using customer self service portals. Also these can be used to educate the partner ecosystem for their own self services.
Many a times knowledge base acts as the repository of the support team knowledge so that when a new customer support executive is recruited or an existing customer support executive is stuck up with any unknown issue, knowledge base can help by bringing to the user.
- Allows users to create searchable content through full-text search, tagging, categorization and approvals.
- Manages the content staging process so new material is reviewed by a manager who approves and posts the content.
- Includes authoring, posting, and rating of FAQs for internal and external viewing.
SugarCRM Tags component helps in tagging modules and knowledge base articles at will so that global search can come in handy.
Effective service organisations resolve customer problems quickly and recycle feedback from customers into the next generation of product. With Sugar Bug Tracking, companies gain a complete view of product problems, their frequency and the effort needed to resolve the problem. Sugar bug tracking not only ensures that customer problems are solved, but that products are improved.
- Ensure all customer cases are managed based on priority, status and category.
- Identify and prioritise customer problems.
- Assign incidents to employees based on availability, expertise or account relationship.
Sugar’s Customer Self-Service Portal allows companies to provide self-service capabilities to customers and prospects for key marketing, sales and support activities. Customers can create cases, upload relevant information, search the knowledge base, and track cases to resolution without ever having to pick up a phone. All cases automatically appear within the Sugar Cases module.
- Reduce the number of inbound support calls by offering a self-service environment.
- Expose support knowledge to customers through FAQs and Knowledge base.
- Allow customers to update account information and manage newsletter subscriptions.
Access our blog on how to implement SugarCRM for Customer Support Automation.